Dear Life Remodeled Family,
If you know much about me, you probably know my personal life mission:
“I’m constantly seeking to be like a certain Jewish construction worker whom I believe lived about 2,000 years ago, was brutally murdered, bounced back three days later and is alive and well.”
Jesus is my strength and reason to confidently lay down all I’ve got in the service of others.
That said, Life Remodeled is not a “religious organization.” We are more than 10,000 individuals from an unusually wide variety of perspectives on religion, spirituality and just about every subject under the sun. We’re an unlikely gathering with a common cause: We believe that together, we can meaningfully contribute to the revitalization of Detroit.
One of the things I most look forward to during our upcoming Six-Day Project (July 31 to August 5) is meeting new people. I want to know who you are… and what motivates you to serve.
This year in addition to scores of business and community organizations, Life Remodeled will experience more religious diversity than any previous project.
- Recently I was invited to speak at an atheist gathering, and I’m excited they’re committed to join the mission
- Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan and the Archdiocese of Detroit intend to mobilize 5,000 Catholic volunteers
- More than 50 Protestant and nondenominational churches are engaged at various levels
- The Michigan Muslim Community Council and the Jewish Community Relations Council are working collaboratively to rally a large number of both Muslims and Jews
- Mormans, Jains, Hindus and more are also participating
Revitalizing Detroit is for everyone, and that includes YOU. Sign up today at liferemodeled.org/volunteer.
I’m excited to get to know you more!
Chris Lambert |CEO|