We also plan to provide a limited number of homes near Cooley High School with increased services to upgrade their curb appeal, which may include options such as providing potted plants, removing unwanted bushes, and painting house numbers on curbs.
Lastly, every night of the Six Day Project except Saturday, we will host events to engage community members and all volunteers in meaningful relational interactions with one another. Under a gigantic tent located on the Cooley High School property, together we’ll enjoy snacks, drinks and music from 4-5 p.m . Each evening will be led by a different Cooley Community organization.
We are capping the number of volunteers at 1,000 per day maximum, so it is important you let us know which day(s) you want to volunteer and how many volunteers you will mobilize per day.
- Volunteers will arrive at the former Cooley High School (15055 Hubbell Ave, Detroit, MI 48227) between 11-11:45 a.m. Volunteers will then board shuttle buses that will transport them to Command Centers throughout the neighborhood.
- Upon arrival at the Command Center, volunteers will receive their volunteer assignment as well as all the tools (mowers, weed whips, loppers, rakes, trash bags, etc.) and then will walk to their location.
- Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and protective eyewear/sunglasses. Water is provided, but we advise groups and individuals to bring extra water as well as snacks if needed.
- At the end of your shift, volunteers return their equipment to the Command Center and are bussed back to Cooley High School to participate in the after-party event and then return to their vehicles.
- Every participant must sign a digital waiver and wear the volunteer shirt provided by Life Remodeled in order to participate.
- Additional details to be provided upon registration.
INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR THIS YEAR’S PROJECT? FILL OUT THIS FORM.
(Please note that if you are a member of a group that has a group leader who has already registered, you do not need to complete this form.)
If you have any other questions, please reach out to Brooke@liferemodeled.org